Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Molcajete


I got my molcajete from Amazon.Its Vasconia.machine made.Thank you Tita Cheng for sending it here.I really wanted the real one from Mexico,but.......he he he.Maybe someday.But i love it! so so so looove it!! Before i could use it i still need to season it. That's what i did today and i wanted to share how i did it. Its so tiring to keep on grinding the rice but its fun too! especially doing it with kids.

Here are the steps on how i did it:
1.Pound about 1/4 cup of wet rice (i just pour 1tablespoon of water in the rice) in my molcajete until its grayish and powdery.Repeat the process 5 times,or until the rice doesnt turn gray anymore.I did mine for about a week,I can only grind the rice when im free or whenever i remember.I started last week and finish it today.There are days when kids are helping me.Even my 1.4 yo Miko is doing it!! It looks fun for them.






2.Clean it up using a kitchen brush,or any brush you have in your kitchen.

3.Grind some garlic,some peppers and rock salt,until it becomes like a paste.








4.Wash it with water.Remove the paste using your kitchen brush.Do not use detergent,unless you want your guacamole to smell like "JOY dishwashing liquid" .lol


5.Dry it (air dry) under the sun is faster..:)

Now its ready to use.

Used it for pounding ginger today for my fish soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment